Regarding drinking on my stream


I need to get this out there: there will be no drinking on my stream ever again. I have not had an excessive amount of alcohol on stream since last year. I do not plan on having it moving forward. Why? Here's a few reasons why:

1. I enjoy streaming and behaving as professionally as I can on stream. I don't enjoy tripping over myself drunk or stumbling over my words. The only time I'll stumble over my words is if I'm tired and I've reached the point where I should go to bed. When I get to that point, I'm in bed real soon after I realize I just need to stop.

2. I don't want to get sick on stream and have it bite me in the butt later. The only time I'll get sick on stream is if it's from a virus or illness and not from drinking. Also, if I'm sick *I will not stream*. My health > the stream. Point blank. Period.

3. My son will ALWAYS come first. If I had to choose between taking care of my son and drinking, my son comes first. There is absolutely no question about it. Always. Always always always. I want to be awake and refreshed before he wakes up so I can properly get our day started.

4. Drinking will never ever replace my happiness or well being. There are some things in life that make me incredibly happy. There are also some things in life that make me incredibly frustrated or sad. Drinking should never ever be used as a way to dampen the way I feel. This has been a revelation for me in the recent months. I need to properly deal with my emotions and communicate effectively why I feel frustrated or sad. Drinking hinders these positive reactions to stressful situations.

5. Because I just plain don't want to.

If I drink, it'll be off stream and with the company of other responsible adults. I have a list of "policies" that I follow for drinking nowadays. I don't need to share these, but I just want to put it out there, that you will not see me drunk on stream during the rest of this year or the following years (at least, that's the plan).

It's one thing to joke around about it, it's another thing to actually be it. So here it is, official statement and everything. <3 I don't care what other people do in their time. They have their own lives, their own actions, their own decisions. This is about my decisions.

Thank you for your support and positive vibes during this year of change.

- Kira

Popular Posts